Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's on T.V.

As I type this entry, the sky has opened up and the heavens have unleashed a torrential downpour. Or as one of my office mates stated, "the angels are crying". This weather instantly makes me wish I were home, curled up on the sofa, watching T.V. Which brings me to my question of the day...

What is on T.V. these days? Is Days of Our Lives still on channel 4, and is Bo still hot!??! And what about all of those infomericals? Who creates those things anyway? Is there a company called "Infomericals 'R Us" that churns out these products and corresponding T.V. ads? If I had a product I wanted to sell on T.V., who do I call? Do I have to create and warehouse 100,000 items to be available to sell or can I just sell my idea for the product and let someone else do all the leg work?

T.V. is a very strange animal. Did you know that the Scifi channel is now the SyFy channel? Why the change? What difference does that make? Was there another SciFi channel somewhere fighting for the rights to use that abbreviation?

And what about HBO and Showtime....Why are there multiple versions of these channels yet they all play the same shows at different times of the day?

And speaking of replaying the same shows... what is the marketing ploy that TNT is trying to sell. Let's take one show and replay it 7-8 times over the course of three days (typically Friday through Sunday). Is there really not enough good television that my only option is to watch Blade every other 2 hour block! What they are really saying is, "It's the weekend!! Don't sit here and watch T.V., get out and be with friends! Need some incentive, fine, we won't put anything good on for the whole weekend". At least, that's what I'm hearing.

Ah well, where's my book....

No comments:

Post a Comment