Monday, July 27, 2009

What are they doing?

I love riding a commuter bus. I get on, put on my iPod and immediately fall asleep...usually. There are some days like today, however, when I stare out the window for the entire trip. It's amazing what some people will do in their cars when they think no one is paying attention, and this morning was no exception!

The first lady I noticed was putting mascara on as she was driving down Route 80...Route 80 of all places!!! We were not in stand still traffic, we were going the speed limit, the legal speed limit that is. You know what they say about Route 80 -- go 80 on 80 or go home [okay, so that's what I say, but it's true]!

The next gentleman was feverishly typing/texting as he was checking information in his paperwork on the passenger's seat.

Another young man was singing (and dancing) at the top of his lungs at 6:30am (I guess it's a good way to stay awake that early).

Amazing...
and by the way, who are all of these people talking to at 6:30 in the morning?! If you just left home, shouldn't you have said everything you needed to say to your significant other/ kids/ parents ... why are you waiting until you are in the car? afraid of face-to-face confrontation?

Are you late to work at 6:30am? Is there a conference call with employees in Russia that you can't miss? Or are you just putting in your order for your egg white omelet and latte at the location deli on the corner near you job?

I bet you are already familiar with some of these people...they are your boss, your cube mate, your brown-nosing coworker down the hall. You get into work only to find that you have 3 voicemails/ emails from them waiting for you! REALLY?!?! It couldn't wait until 9am?? They are probably emails their boss as well so they can look dedicated and on task so early in the morning (do people still fall for that)?

Not me. my iPod is filled with songs I haven't listen to in months and if not that, I can always try to catch a few ZZZs.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - this is so true! Hysterical...and I'm scared of the guy typing/texting and reading paperwork that's dangerous!

    ReplyDelete